Terms & conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians. By signing the registration form and enrolling your child in our classes you are agreeing to the terms below.
These terms & conditions are on behalf of Hannah Batchelor trading as Stardust Dance Academy.
Section 1 – Registration & Fee Payment
1. A registration form must be completed for all students upon joining Stardust Dance Academy. This is available at www.stardust-dance-academy.co.uk on the NEW STUDENT page. A student will not be permitted to take a class unless the Registration Form has been completed.
2. Fees are payable in full at the end of each term to reserve your place in the class for next half term/term. Fees must be received before the new half term starts other wise you risk losing your child's place in the class. The dates of each “term” are defined on the invoice you will received.
3. If fees are not paid by the end of week 2 of the half term a 10% surcharge will be added.
4. Fees paid in cash must be received in a sealed envelope with student's name and amount enclosed clearly written on the front. Please ensure you provide the correct amount of money.
5. If paying by cheque please make payable to Hannah Batchelor and clearly write the students name on the back of the cheque.
6. A new student may take a trial class for a one off payment. Should the student then decide to join the class, they must pay the remaining balance for the half term/term.
7. There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class.
8. If the regular teacher is unable to teach a class we will do our best to provide a substitute teacher. If it is not possible to find a substitute, the class will have to be cancelled and you will be informed by email and social media. In this case fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming half term fees.
Section 2 - Class Timing
1. Classes are timetabled at a nominal 30, 45 minute or 1 hour duration. This includes a short period of time at the start and end of each class for registration and class changeover management.
2. Some classes run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed ready to start their class before entering the studio and leave promptly at the end.
3. Parents and Students are asked to wait quietly outside the studio until they are invited in by the class teacher.
Section 3 - Class Conduct
1. Parents are not permitted to watch classes except in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the class teacher. Such circumstances should be discussed with the class teacher prior to the class.
2. Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
3. Students are not permitted to bring food into the dance studio or chew gum whilst in class. A named bottle of water is allowed.
4. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
5. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the class must be switched off.
6. Students are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the class teacher.
7. Students are expected to wear correct uniform for all classes.
Section 4 - Responsibilities
1. Parents/Guardians must remain on the premises at all times whilst their child is taking a class. If you need to leave the premises, this responsibility must be passed to and accepted by another adult.
2. If your child needs assistance, becomes unwell or has an accident while on the premises and during classes there must be an adult accessible at all times.
3. The only exception to the above 2 points is for students 8 years of age or above. If as the Parent /Guardian you make the decision that your child is responsible for their own safety and wellbeing including arriving at, and leaving the classes and premises unaccompanied, written authorisation must be provided to Miss Hannah or the class teacher.
4. The dance teacher cannot take responsibility for assisting children when visiting the bathroom.
5. It is the Parents/Guardians responsibility to inform Miss Hannah of any changes regarding the students medical conditions or emergency contact details. In this case please complete a new registration form.
Section 5 - Miscellaneous
1. The school timetable may be revised at any time.
2. A certain amount of risk is involved by taking part in any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by Stardust Dance Academy do so at their own risk.
3. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media by Stardust Dance Academy. If you do not give permission for your child's photo to be taken please email Miss Hannah to make her aware of this issue.
Section 6 - Further Information
1. Dance lessons follow the syllabus and guidelines of the ISTD and may be delivered in mixed ability groups.
2. For all other matters including lesson times and uniforms please email Miss Hannah at email@example.com.