DANCE AT NORTHSTOWE SECONDARY COLLEGE
Drop off & Collection
1. Due to the college rules parents/carers are not allowed to enter the building
2. Please drop the students at the main entrance to the school (this is further around the corner from the Martin Beacon Academy which is a separate school) one of the Stardust staff will be there to meet & greet parents and students then walk the students to the dance studio.
3. For pickup, parents/carers please be outside the main entrance to the college where a member of the Stardust team will bring the students once their class has finished.
4. Students please arrive dressed ready for class, the only thing they should be bringing in with them is a change of shoes and a named bottle of water
DURING THE CLASS
5. Students will each be given a designated space to dance in and no partner work will take place
6. We will keep each other and our teachers safe by keeping a 2 metre distance from others at all times
7. Stardust staff will be wearing face visors when meeting &greeting students plus any other times when a 2 meter distance may be difficult to maintain.
8. Fees must be paid online in advance of the class starting. No cash or cheque payments can be made
9. Places are limited due to restricted numbers. A child’s place will only be secured once payment has been received
FOR ALL CLASSES
10. No student is to attend class who is unwell or showing any symptoms of COVID-19. Please self-isolate in line with Government current advice
11. All students must use hand sanitiser before each class, this will be provided by Stardust
12. Any student who has a positive test for COVID-19 must inform Stardust and NHS track and trace services immediately so that Stardust and the NHS can contact other students in their class bubble
13. If a student has travelled from a country on the UK government quarantine list please follow the current government self isolation rules before returning to classes
I fully appreciated that parents/cares having to drop students at the door is not ideal and I thank you all in advance for your co-operation in these challenging times.
* For any students feeling a little nervous about attending a class on their own I would recommend you watch a few of our taster classes ran by Miss Hannah on our YouTube channel below, this way the students can become familiar with her and her teaching style before their 1st class.
*For those that give photo consent we will try and record a few short video clips form classes which we will post to our private Facebook group for Stardust parents. This way you will be able to get a little glimpse into the class your child is attending.
* If you are a registered student (and on Facebook) you can request to join the Stardust Parents & Carers Facebook group at - https://www.facebook.com/groups/stardustdance
We will do our best to post some photos and videos of the students in their new classes :)